Chris Hensel, AIF®
Member of the INVP team since 2007
Resident of Strasburg, OH
"Due to either a lack of time or interest, making sense of finances and investments is often difficult for many people. MY passion is helping to turn that around, giving them the confidence they need to accomplish their goals!"
Topics or areas of expertise:
- Investment Management
- Retirement Income Planning
- Estate Planning
- Charitable Giving
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree from the University of Akron, with a major in marketing and a minor in finance
- Master of Business Administration degree from Ashland University
- FINRA securities registrations: Series 7, 63, and 65
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®(AIF®) designation
- Leader's Edge, which seeks to create a positive influence in business, schools, churches, and communities
- Past member of the Strasburg Franklin School District Board of Education
- Past president of the Strasburg Tiger Foundation, Inc.
- Past treasurer and board member for the Tuscarawas County YMCA
- Past campaign chairman for the United Way of Tuscarawas County
- Past board member for Personal & Family Counseling Services
- Past board member (founding) and treasurer for Habitat for Humanity of Tuscarawas Valley Inc.
When he's not in the office you can find him:
- Spending time with his wife, Chrissie, and their family, including three grandchildren
- Scuba diving
- Reading and keeping up with the financial markets
What are your hobbies?
My wife Chrissie and I have shared several things that we're passionate about. First, travel has been something we've been able to enjoy together. We also have been scuba divers for more than 20 years. Lastly, we've become captivated by the mountains and have fallen in love with hiking. Recently, we were able to enjoy the Teton Mountains in Wyoming! It is an unbelievable place!
What was your first job?
I was on a computer programming team at Diebold Incorporated that developed the software that was affiliated with the first-ever ATM. I remember the day they processed the first "international" ATM transaction. Diebold's President and CEO made a cash withdrawal from an ATM in London out of his bank located in Canton, Ohio.
What's the best piece of advice you've ever gotten?
Focus first on helping others take care of their needs. In doing so, you won't have to worry much about taking care of your needs.
I am proud to have been recognized as a Vista Club advisor for 2020—a distinction based on annual production that places him among the top 27 percent of advisors affiliated with Commonwealth Financial Network.
Each year, Commonwealth, the broker/dealer–RIA that helps us process investment transactions on your behalf, recognizes Vista Club advisors by inviting them to an exclusive gathering of their peers, leading industry experts, and Commonwealth home office staff. Vista Club advisors benefit from an intensive learning and networking experience designed to help them hone their expertise, share best practices, and provide ever-higher levels of service, education, and leadership to their clients.
What are you capable of?
Aim higher and achieve with guidance from our advisors. Get started with a complimentary consultation.