Darren Brooks, AIF®
Member of the INVP team since 1998
Resident of Macedonia, Ohio
"Truly the best part about my job is that I’ve learned so much over the nearly 30 years I’ve been doing this. I adore helping people. I get such a satisfaction from seeing my efforts better lives!"
Topics or areas of expertise:
- Asset Management
- Alternative Investments
- Holistic Planning
- Estate Planning
- Charitable Giving
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/finance from Akron University
- FINRA securities registrations: Series 7, 63 & 65
- Accident and health, variable annuity and life insurance licenses
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
Personal and Professional involvement:
- Executive Committee Member of the Akron Chapter of Ducks Unlimited
- Past founding officer and vice president of the Ohio Waterfowl Association
- Founder and president of the GreatLakesWaterfowler.com LLC
- Past featured speaker for Kent University, Kiwanis Club, and multiple charitable organizations
When he's not in the office you can find him:
- Spending time with his wife, Kathy, daughter, Ashley, and son, Hunter
- Hunting, fishing and spending time enjoying the great outdoors
- Writing for various outdoors publications
What’s the biggest lesson you’ve ever learned?
Treat people with great care and as you want to be treated.
Who has been most influential in your life?
My mother. She was a district manager for Avon. By example, she’s taught me so much about life, to include how to work with people, taking pride in your work, and much more.
What are your hobbies?
My weekends are often spent hunting and fishing. I’ve hunted in all but six states, and as far as we can tell, I’m the sixth person in the world to have harvested all North American waterfowl species. This is a list of 40+ geese, ducks, swans, cranes, etc. and today is now referred to as the “North American Waterfowl Slam.”
What are you capable of?
Aim higher and achieve with guidance from our advisors. Get started with a complimentary consultation.