Doug Feller, CFP®, CFA®
Member of the INVP team since 2002
Resident of Alexandria, Ohio
"My children have taught me that the world looks entirely different (and in many ways more interesting) if you’re willing to get on your hands and knees and see it from their perspective. Some of the best photographs are the result of waking up before dawn, getting my feet wet, and not settling for the first image. Every person views their financial issues differently, and as their advisor, I hop in the stream with them and see their issues from their perspective."
Topics or areas of expertise:
- Retirement cash flow planning
- Charitable giving
- Asset management
- Estate planning techniques
- Degree in economics from Yale University
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM Practitioner
- Chartered Financial Analyst® Charterholder
- Financial Planning Association of Central Ohio
- CFP Board of Standards
- United Way of Central Ohio Finance Committee Member
- Licking County Foundation Finance Committee Member
- Newark Granville Symphony Orchestra board of directors
When he's not in the office you can find him:
- Spending time with his wife, Brianne, son, Paul, and daughter, Gretel
- Backpacking in National Parks
- Taking care of his hobby farm
What’s the biggest lesson you’ve ever learned?
Don’t believe everything you think. Just because I think it, doesn’t make it true. I’ve always tried to expose my perception to its opposite. I don’t want to get fooled, so this requires courage and humility.
Who has been the most influential person in your life?
I’ve had many. To say my dad is cliché, but he’s my best friend and we talk 6 days a week. My high school basketball coach taught me about drive. My pastor has taught me about compassion. I have a long list depending on the season of my life.
What are your hobbies?
I love to travel with friends and family. My daughter has visited 23 states before her 8th birthday. I’ve also spent months with my dad and friends sleeping on the ground in the mountains.
What are you capable of?
Aim higher and achieve with guidance from our advisors. Get started with a complimentary consultation.